The Coital Alignment Technique Is the Sex Hack You Didn’t Know You Needed
For those of you who have been watching Netflix’s Sex/Life, you may have come across the scene in which Billie tries to teach her husband Cooper how to use the “coital alignment method,” sometimes known as the CAT. Unfortunately, Cooper has no idea what he’s doing, and instead of experiencing orgasmic pleasure, Billie is left feeling frustrated and bewildered. Many of us have been Coopers at some point in our lives, believing that penetrative sex alone is sufficient to bring our partners to their knees in submission.
Actually, according to research, only approximately 20% of vulva owners can orgasm during regular P-in-V intercourse; the remaining 80% require some type of clitoral stimulation to reach climax.
With the coital alignment method, you may achieve a sex position that will assist you stimulate the exterior region of your clitoris while doing P-in-V sex; the emphasis is less on thrusting and more on grinding.
The following information will provide you with all of the information you require to successfully exit the vehicle with your companion.
How to Do the Coital Alignment Technique (CAT) Sex Position
Similarly to the missionary position, the partner who has a vulva should lie down on their back with their legs comfortably wide, just as they would in the position of the missionary. As they are being penetrated, the one who is doing the penetration should elevate themselves up on their arms, shoulders up, and back arched. As Kerner says, “the pose would be quite similar to the upward facing dog position in yoga.” Ideally, the penetrating partner should slide forward so that their penis or diaphragm is forced on their partner’s pelvic bone pointing down, rather than up, as in the picture above.
When the penis is moved vertically, the clitoris is stimulated by the top (dorsal side) of the penis, which benefits from the pressure and friction of the vertical movement, as explained by Kerner.
This is not a posture that allows for deep penetration to take place.
“It’s not uncommon for the male partner to only penetrate the head of his penis.” The following is an illustration of the CAT position: @alliefolino It may take some experimenting to discover the precise angles that are most comfortable for you and your partner.
“Frequently, the partner with the vagina will wrap their legs around their partner’s waist, assisting in the creation of a seal between the pelvises and allowing couples to get in rhythm with each other in a rocking motion,” Kerner continues.
Are there any drawbacks to the CAT sex position?
The first is that it might be difficult to get the alignment exactly correct. However, the other major disadvantage is that the penetrating partner will not be able to obtain their deep penetration fix, if that is something they are looking for. Some people may find it difficult to attain climax in this position due to the location of their penis. That being said, if you’re someone who has trouble with premature ejaculation, this posture may be beneficial for you in order to stay in bed for a longer period of time.
Zachary Zane is a writer, speaker, and activist located in Brooklyn, New York, whose work focuses on topics such as lifestyle, sexuality, culture, and entertainment.
You may be able to discover further information on this and other related items at the website piano.io.
This Sex Position Makes It Way Easier For Women To Orgasm
The goods on this page have been selected by our editors based on their own research. We may receive a small compensation if you purchase anything that has been referenced in this article. The field of sexual education has progressed significantly. Since then, we’ve been able to discuss and share all of the enjoyable, imaginative, and diverse ways to experience pleasure or have an orgasm—and many of them have nothing to do with penetration. When it does contain penis-in-vagina sex, on the other hand, there are several techniques to enhance your pleasure while also increasing the likelihood of crossing the finish line, particularly for persons who have vulvae (vulvar sex).
The coital alignment technique, also known as CAT.
Coital alignment technique (CAT) is a penis-in-vagina sex position that is a variant on the missionary position in which the penetrating partner grinds their penis up against the vulva owner’s clitoris during penetration in order to assist the vulva owner in reaching orgasm with the vulva owner. This technique, which was originally defined by psychotherapist and sex researcher Edward Eichel to help people achieve more orgasms beyond penetration, requires the penis-holder to move higher up on the vagina-holder until an erection points down and presses against the nerves closer to the clitoris, explains AASECT-certified sex therapistBat Sheva Marcus, LCSW, MPH, Ph.D.
As Marcus says, “the partner with the penis strives to grind his pubic bone into the vulva of the woman” and, “since this stimulates the clitoris, it’s more probable to produce the prospect of an orgasm in the woman.” However, public health practitioner and researcherLinsey Grove, DrPH, CPH, CHES, says that this position is also a good fit for people who have mobility issues or who simply want to get creative with missionary work.
“This position is best for people who are more likely to experience pleasure and/or orgasms through clitoral stimulation,” she says.
How is CAT different from missionary?
So, how different may a variant be from the original? There isn’t much of a twist, but there is enough to enable you and your companion feel pleasure in a unique manner. For example, according to Marla Renee Stewart, M.A., a sexologist and expert for the sexual wellness brand and retailerLovers, the primary difference between the coital alignment technique and the missionary position is that the coital alignment technique places a greater emphasis on the clitoris, and the penis is pointing downward in the vagina rather than upward as is the case with the missionary position.
But it is similar to missionary sex in that one person is on their back and the other is on top, facing the other person’s back and partner.
As opposed to this, “the person on top may not utilize their weight to exert pressure on the clitoris or their fingers to actively stimulate the clitoris” in the case of missionary.
Benefits of the coital alignment technique:
The following are the reasons why the clitoris is such a pleasurable button: When you look at it from the outside, the clitoris has an exterior portion called the glans or head, which is partially covered by a hood and loaded with more nerve endings than you can conceive. As the clitoris is connected to the labia minora (the inner lips of a vulva), any stimulus that excites the labia will also stimulate the clitoris. It is well known that the clitorises are one of the most sensitive erogenous zones in the body, which makes it simple to see why the grinding and rocking portion of CAT sex is ideal for anybody looking for this type of stimulation.
Exploring this sex method is similar to being in the missionary position in that you and your partner are rubbing and grinding against each other.
If that’s what you’re into, it may make the sex seem more intimate, which is good.
More variety, less hassle.
Who doesn’t like being able to enjoy something in more than one way? The coital alignment technique provides a great deal of diversity and accommodates the many different ways you might spice up sex. clitoral stimulation, devices, and reciprocal masturbation while watching your partner, this may be enjoyable and physically easier for both people, according to Grove.
Practice makes perfect (wink).
It takes time and experience, according to Grove, to master the coital alignment method because “it involves a thorough understanding of your own and your partner’s anatomy in order to apply pressure in the appropriate regions and obtain the appropriate degree of rocking and friction.” Because you must experiment with this approach frequently in order to discover the variations that work best for you and your spouse, you will have more time to spend bonding intimately with your partner and learning how to optimize your enjoyment.
1. Focus on the grinding.
In order to perform the CAT sex position, one person must lie on their back with their legs wide and the other must lie on top of him or her. The person who is in possession of the penis (or dildo) grinds the penis against the clitoris until it penetrates it, rather than thrusting as is customary in the missionary position. In this case, it is important to have proper coital alignment: The top partner’s hips should be angled in such a way that their pelvis is squarely on top of the pelvis of the bottom partner.
- It is possible to produce nice friction between the vulva and clitoris while the penis is in this position, and the penis will be somewhat slanted downward, which will make it easier to contact the rear wall of the vaginal canal.
- The missionary position may be enjoyed at a leisurely and personal pace by many; yet, it frequently gives way to deep, aggressive thrusting.
- Stewart recommends that you have oral sex first before proceeding to the penetrative portion of the coital alignment procedure.
- Additionally, because of the intense grinding and rubbing that occurs during CAT sex, it may be beneficial to participate in an activity that may promote lubrication.
- This may be accomplished by placing a pillow beneath the tailbone of the bottom partner, which will assist them in raising their hips at the proper angle.
5. Incorporate toys and varied stimulation methods.
It is entirely up to you and your spouse how flexible you want CAT sex to be, so don’t be afraid to add any or all of the sex gadgets and enhancement procedures listed here—or get creative to find what works best for you. You might want to think about the following:
- Butt plugs, Nipple clamps, and Handcuffs are all examples of externalvibrators. Dildos, Masturbation, and Dirty Talk are other examples of externalvibrators. Experimenting with their erogenous zones (for example, nibbling their ear or groaning into it, delicately tracing their skin with your tongue or finger, gripping their waist)
While CAT may be effective for certain people, Stewart says it is “a very old technology that hasn’t produced the benefits it was intended to provide.” Furthermore, Marcus says that the problem with it is twofold: first, it is inconvenient.
- Each man has a penis that is unique in size and form, and his vaginas are typically inclined in different directions and at varied distances from the clitoris as well. “There is certainly no one-size-fits-all approach to having a successful sexual encounter,” she adds, adding that the angle of the penis is also dependent on how tight the connecting muscles are in the body. According to the author, “the angle you must obtain for this entire attempt is debatable and might perhaps even result in pain, or in the worst case scenario, injury to your penis.”
- In order to spread the myth that orgasms from penetrative intercourse are superior to orgasms from a hand, mouth, or vibrator, CAT has created a website. According to Marcus, the fact is that seven out of ten women do not have orgasm as a result of penetration intercourse. Our sex lives would be better served if we simply accepted this fact and went on.”
Give this strategy a go, despite the fact that you know it won’t work, if you believe it will increase pleasure for you and your partner. “If a couple believes that trying CAT would be a fun experiment, they should go ahead and do it!” Marcus shares his thoughts with mbg. “Consider it a sexual experience in the same vein as dressing up as Bridgerton characters and meeting in a motel for a night.
However, becoming obsessed with climax during sexual encounters would only lead to disappointment and difficulties.” Once you’ve gotten yourself through this approach, here are some alternative clit-focused sex positions to consider:
- When it comes to grinding, Stewart suggests sitting on your partner’s lap, which he describes as “a comfortable posture.” This sex position may be especially romantic, or you can create your own variant by doing the following: When someone has vulva, they will seek out the most comfortable position for them, whether it’s sitting on the lap of a spouse or pressing their clitoris on their lover’s leg. Standing on the edge of a table, bed, or chair as your spouse stands in between your legs, grabs your waist, and penetrates you is an example of tabletop. When you are in the Seashell position, you should have your knees up and your ankles crossed behind your head, and your partner will enter you in the same manner as they would in the missionary position. Grove suggests a reverse coital alignment in which the vagina-holder sits above the person who has a dildo or a penis, according to a study. As she says, “this allows the top person greater power in matching their clitoris with the pressure areas of the person on the bottom.” When doing the Sitting V, sit on a high surface (a table or countertop) with your partner standing in front of you with their feet wide. In order to accept penetration, you must first align your pelvises and then position your ankles on and over your partner’s shoulders till you’re in a “V.” When you lie on your side with your legs spread and knees slightly bent, you will be entered by your partner slipping in between your legs while theirs are folded in an upside-down “V,” which will be folded in half. This one is correct if you find yourself at a straight angle to the ground.
If you and your partner are interested in exploring clit-focused sex, the coital alignment method is a fantastic alternative. However, if you come out the other side and discover it isn’t for you, that is also acceptable! What matters is that you were both willing to take a chance on something new, which typically draws couples together and improves your bond.
You are now subscribed
Pay attention to your email inbox for a welcome message! This article can only be saved if you are logged in or have created an account. Close
If You Have A Clitoris, Try This Sex Position
Ciliary stimulation is the primary focus of the Coital Alignment Technique (CAT), which is also known as the CAT posture. The CAT is a variation on the conventional missionary position that was first defined by psychiatrist and sex researcher Edward Eichel in the 1970s. Those who have a more difficult time achieving orgasm through vaginal penetration alone were the inspiration for the technique’s development. To induce orgasm in one’s partner on the bottom, the CAT employs both clitoral stimulation and vaginal penetration.
- This turns the emphasis away from vaginal penetration and onto clitoral stimulation, which is often accomplished by clitoral grinding against the shaft of the penis or a toy.
- Coital alignment is achieved by having both partners rub or grind up against one other’s bodies in order to produce friction against the vulva.
- This is ultimately what causes one or both of the vulva-possessing partners to experience orgasm.
- However, if you are interested in attempting the method, you should not let this deter you from practicing it.
- In order to assist persons who have difficulty climaxing after penetrative intercourse, such as those who suffer from female coital anorgasmia, the method was devised.
- According to a 1995 research that lasted eight weeks, participants who performed the CAT observed an increase in orgasms when in the missionary position.
The reason for this is that, in contrast to other penetrative postures, coital alignment is not truly about penetration.
One partner should lie down on their back with their legs extended straight out and slightly apart in order to get into position.
After that, the other partner should slip on top of their partner’s legs, between their partner’s legs.
In order to do this, the chest of the top partner should be aligned with the shoulders of the bottom partner.
This will result in a reduction in the amount of space between your genitals as well as increased friction.
If you have a penis or a wand toy, the shaft will rest against your vulva.
While the shaft is rubbing on the clitoris, a small amount of vaginal penetration will be possible.
Keep it slow and steady and you’ll be surprised where it leads you. Yes! Although this position is not as natural as the traditional missionary position, the following tips and methods might assist you in finding your groove:
- Angle it. The bottom partner should tip their hips and thighs up at an angle — no higher than45 degrees— to allow for better positioning without inhibiting pelvic movement
- Add cushioning. Placing a pillow at the base of the bottom partner’s tailbone can help them find a comfortable angle and alleviate any discomfort
- Move in alternate directions. Instead of thrusting, have one partner move upward while the other moves downward. Try switching up the movement in different directions for even more clitoral stimulation
- Pace yourselves. Unlike basic missionary position, which can get fast and rampant, coital alignment works best with a slow and controlled pace
Yes, you most certainly can! The Reverse Coital Alignment Technique is a term used to describe this procedure. The individual who is being penetrated is on top in this situation. As opposed to elevating their body over that of their spouse, the top partner should lower their body by a few inches. This makes it possible for the penis or dildo to more effectively stimulate the clitoris. Remember that CAT is less about the in-and-out action and more about genital-to-genital touch than other forms of sexual stimulation.
Yes, without a doubt.
Here are a couple of suggestions to get you started.
- Invest in a sex cushion for your bed. As opposed to your standard bed pillow, an asex pillow appears to be more of a supporting wedge that will embrace the curves of the bottom partner’s back and tilt their hips up at just the proper angle as they are sleeping
- Take a look at the erogenous zones. Run your hands through your partner’s hair or over their scalp to make them feel more comfortable. Gently chew on the inside of their ears. Lightly trail your fingertips along the inner arm of the person you’re talking to. Alternatively, challenge them to try these maneuvers on you! It is possible that these subtly tingling feelings will result in vaginal stimulation and a more powerful orgasm. Play with a new toy that you’ve received. If you’re currently using a dildo, you might want to consider switching to an avibrating wand toy. Other beginner-friendly toys, such as butt plugs, nipple clamps, and feather ticklers, can provide even more pleasure
- But, they are not required.
Begin by congratulating yourself on your accomplishment! From here, you could want to look at additional positions that are primarily concerned with clitoral stimulation. Here are a handful of our personal favorites:
- Cow in the reverse position. Because you’re sitting up and away from your bottom partner, you’ll have an easier time stimulating your own clitoris muscles. Your spouse may also contribute to the experience by reaching their hand around and adding to it
- Reclining Chiller. Place the heels of your feet together in the shape of a butterfly and lean back in your chair. Allow your lover to trace counterclockwise circles around your vulva with their penis or a wand toy as you look on. Wrap your legs around your partner’s and bounce your pelvis up and down for additional stimulation when you’re almost there
- Sitting on Pillow Top. As you bend your knees forward, place a cushion beneath your pelvis. Entrance or stimulation from behind should be provided by your partner. Increase the amount of stimulation by rocking your vulva against the cushion and grinding
It may take a little trial and error before you find the ideal placement for the Coital Alignment Technique, but the trip is half the fun! Try out some of our suggestions, be careful, and lean into the enjoyment. –
How to do the coital alignment technique during sex
You are not need to appear so solemn. (Photo courtesy of Ella Byworth for Metro.co.uk.). It’s the weekend, which means it’s time to switch up your usual missionary before sleep for something a little more adventurous. For the first time, you won’t have to be concerned about falling asleep by 10pm. Without getting a call from your supervisor wondering why you haven’t turned up for work on Sunday morning, you may spend your Sunday morning hugging and sex-ing for hours. Dreamy. A tried-and-true approach, the coital alignment technique (commonly known as CAT), is our recommendation for this week.
- Alternatively, you may be a pro-sex-haver who has been CAT-ing it up since the 1990s.
- In other words, what exactly is the coital alignment technique?
- It is credited with being one of the few instances in which a man in a high-ranking position causes a woman to orgasm.
- The male, however, instead of pushing in and out, shifts his body forward so that his head is somewhat over her head, a few inches higher up than is customary.
- As a result, the penis will be tilted slightly downwards, rubbing against the rear wall of the vagina, while its base will rub against the clitoris, as seen in the illustration.
- Then, rather than moving in and out, he moves in a rocking manner that is consistent.
- It is preferable to move slowly rather than using jack hammer actions.
- There will be lots of orgasms.
- Take a second to pick your preferred position and use it anytime you want a romantic, intimate bone session that includes a variety of different types of stimulation.
MORE:The bouncing spoon sex position is a wonderfully intimate sex position that you should experiment with this weekend. MORE:Now that cuffing season has been postponed, it is the perfect time to date yourself. Is the phenomenon known as “blue balls” legitimate?
This Sex Position Reliably Gets Women Off
All wonderful things in life, even your go-to bedroom movements, might need to be improved upon somewhat. As an illustration, consider the following: The position of a missionary. Because of the closeness it gives, you and your partner may consider this classicsex position to be a favorite, but intercourse therapists believe one tiny change may transform it from “good” to “excellent.” The “coital alignment technique,” also known as CAT, is a modified variation of missionary sex in which the male rides a bit higher on the woman’s clitoris, moving his body up an inch or two so that the base of the penis rubs against the clitoris of the woman.
- Here’s a tiny visual assistance to help you out: Isabella Carapella created the illustration.
- The CAT was shown to be effective in a study of women who had previously reported being unable to climax during missionary intercourse.
- CAT is a game-changer because most women only a small amount of clitoral stimulation in order to get off, according to Megan Fleming, a psychotherapist and sex therapist in New York City.
- “Approximately two-thirds of women do not experience an orgasm just from penetration,” Fleming told HuffPost.
- According to her, start with a tiny cushion beneath the woman’s hips to give her some lift and support the pelvic angle, and then go on to the classic missionary position.
- “At this point, you should be higher up on her, with your chest approaching her shoulders rather than face to face with her.
- In order to keep your pelvis tight and pushed on her, she advised grinding and gyrating your pelvis in tiny circles against her vulva.
- “All you have to do is maintain your penis tightly within her and discover the rhythm she requires.” It will be effective when you feel her holding you closer and bringing you closer to her with her legs, she said.
Because men do not experience the same heightened arousal that quick, deep thrusting produces, “an additional benefit is that this may also help them last longer,” Buckley added. Win-win. Now it’s time to go to work.
The CAT Sex Position Might Finally Help You Orgasm During PIV
Despite the fact that the Coital Alignment Technique (CAT) has been a crucial component of “hacking” sex (in this case, PIV intercourse) for many years, it has received little attention in the mainstream media until recently. Because I am a licensed sex educator, I have long taught that persons with vulvas would almost never experience an orgasm during PIV intercourse unless they receive external clitoral stimulation. The science supports this, as well; but more on that in a moment. The Coital Alignment Technique comes into play in this situation since its primary goal is to offer external stimulation during PIV intercourse.
Translation: Orgasm may occur, and sex can be more satisfying – you’re most likely just doing it incorrectly.
As a result of all of this, the CAT sex position can be a fun and adventurous method to explore if orgasms during PIV intercourse are a possibility for you.
If it’s not for you, that’s perfectly OK as well.
The CAT Sex Position Will Make You Reconsider Your Options Missionary, passionate sensual lovers enjoying closeness while making love in bed, sexy couple having sex on the sheets, lady hugging and stroking guy scratching his back in ecstasy, experiencing want and pleasure, from the top perspective
The Origins of the CAT Sex Position
Where did this approach originate in the first place, and how did it become so popular? It’s really rather simple: The desire to have orgasms during sexual encounters is a common, though erroneous, ambition shared by the majority of individuals. Why? Because we’re culturally preoccupied with PIV intercourse and haven’t come to terms with the fact that it may not be the most enjoyable kind of sex — despite the fact that it scores relatively low on the list of delightful sex acts for females. According to a 2017 research published in the Archives of Sexual Behavior, clitoral touch is required for the great majority of vulva owners to have orgasm, and oral sex is the most dependable method of doing this.
Given that PIV sex only produces clitoral activity as a secondary effect (at best), it is often regarded as having a poor ranking in terms of female-bodied pleasure.
It is incredibly penis-centric, and it is detrimental to everyone’s well-being to see sex in this manner.
It is heteronormative and only serves to strengthen the patriarchy — but this is a tirade on the sexual hierarchy that can wait for another day. So, let’s keep it going and find out how and why the CAT position functions.
Why the CAT Sex Position WorksHow to Do It
For example, polyamorous educator Tiana North (co-founder of The Sex Worker Survival Guide) describes the CAT in words that are understandable to the general public as follows: According to the missionary, the vulva owner’s pleasure is at the core of the game. CAT works by using the pubic bone, pelvis, and shaft of the penis of the top partner to produce friction on the clitus of the bottom partner’s partner. Instead of thrusting up and down like a jackhammer, the top partner glides up and down the vulva-body, owner’s starting in a standard missionary position and progressing upward and downward.
Considering that theglans clitoris is located at the very top of the vulva, the idea is that the sliding action will rub against it, delivering some constant clit stimulation.
The anatomy and communication of both partners play a significant role in the efficacy of the CAT.
The inventor of Organic Loven, Taylor Sparks, explains that “depending on the size and curve of the penis-owning partner, they may need to use shallower or deeper strokes in order for the bottom partner to properly enjoy that position.” Missionary-butt-plug-position Having said that, there is some good news: Studies have shown that the CAT sex position is effective, and that it can result in both more female orgasms and more mutual orgasms (which is hilarious!).
The majority of specialists are tremendous admirers, and I’ve personally received a lot of excellent feedback from clients.
This is quite normal.
Coital Alignment Technique Troubleshooting Tips
It may take some time to figure out how to make the CAT function for you and your spouse in the most effective way. Have patient, and enjoy yourself while you’re at it. There is no correct or incorrect method to bang (provided everyone is enjoying themselves andgives consent).
1. Rhythm is the name of the game.
Everything you see in mainstream porn (orBridgerton) is incredibly rapid and brutal, and it may appear cinematically attractive, but it provides very little in the form of female orgasms. According to Play, “remember to keep it calm and steady; this position is more like a romantic snuggling than an animalistic romp through the grass.” Keep in mind that consistent pressure is essential. It’s worth experimenting with descending onto the forearms of the upper partner if they have a better difficulty doing so.
Because the internal clitoral body is located around the vaginal entrance and under the labia, it may be stimulated by applying pressure to the whole vulvar area; therefore, having the top partner move in circles or side to side may be more effective than using pressure.
2. Get aligned.
Play recommends that you use a pillow (maybe even a sex pillow) to assist with aligning your CAT. Once again, the efficiency of this position is heavily influenced by the individual’s anatomy. According to him, it might be beneficial to place a pillow beneath the buttocks of the person on the bottom and experiment with angles. By raising the hips of the bottom partner, this can assist in making the clitoris more accessible. You may also experiment with your leg posture in order to generate even more friction.
It is possible to do this variant by having the person on the bottom cross their legs while the partner on the top straddles their legs.
3. Grab some toys.
Coital alignment is intended to contact the clitoral glans, which is the entire purpose of the procedure. To help your partner’s body line up properly, Zane recommends utilizing toys to assist them. “Don’t be afraid to use various vibrating devices during sex! The bottom may manually stimulate their clitoris with a bullet vibrator while the top penetrates, and this effectively does the same (if not more) as the CAT, according to missionaries “He goes into detail. You may also experiment with a hands-free vibe like theDame Eva II(Buy It, $135,dameproducts.com), which clips into your labia and provides clitoral stimulation without taking up anyone’s time or requiring their attention.
4. Don’t fear awkwardness.
Sex may be odd and amusing, sexy and awkward, and it can be quite hot. Pretending that there is no discomfort merely makes the situation more unpleasant. “Please feel free to joke and play around during this process. Even as adults, we might be overly serious about ourselves and want everything to be flawless, just like we see it on television or in the movies. The way life unfolds isn’t written, and it’s perfectly OK to utilize humor to lighten the atmosphere and keep the romance flowing “North expresses himself in this way: Take away one thing from this: sex is all about figuring things out and maintaining a sense of wonderment about the world around you.
Your sex life is a reflection of your personality.
As I have stated, sex may be amusing.
Coital alignment technique – Wikipedia
A variation of the missionary position, the coital alignment technique (CAT)sex position (also known as grinding the corn) is used primarily to increase clitoral stimulation during sexual intercourse. In order to do this, a version of the missionary position known as “riding high” is combined with pressure-counterpressure motions performed by each partner in time with coitus.
It is employed as a version of the missionary position, in which a male is positioned above a female and advances upward along her body until his erection, which would ordinarily point “up,” is now pointing “down,” with the dorsal side of the penis pressing against the clitoris. When compared to the missionary position, during the inward stroke, the male’s body goes downward (related to the female’s) and higher (relative to the female’s) when performing the outward stroke. She has the option of wrapping her legs around his as well.
It is the rocking upward stroke (where the female is leading) and downward stroke (where the male is leading) of sexual movement that develops excitement, which partners let to develop and reach its climax organically.
Known as the reverse coital alignment method, the woman on top variety is a variation of the woman on top technique.
History of studies
The technique for coital alignment was developed by American psychotherapist Edward Eichel, and the initial study was published in the Journal of Sex and Marital Therapy in 1988 by Eichel, De Simone Eichel, and Kule. Since then, the issue has been explored in greater depth in the same publication on a number of occasions. When Kaplan and her trainees presented their findings in 1992, they acknowledged that they may have reverted to their old routines after only a few attempts for fear of disappointing their partners, and they acknowledged that they may have resorted to their old routines after only a few attempts because they were afraid of disappointing their partners.
- Eichel, Edward, and Nobile, Philip. “The Perfect Fit: How to Achieve Mutual Fulfillment and Monogamous Passion Through the New Intercourse,” The New Intercourse, vol. 1, no. 1, 1992. Prentice Hall, Dutton Books
- Hurlbert DF, Apt C. Female orgasm was investigated using the coital alignment technique and directed masturbation in a comparative research. Journal of Sexual and Marital Therapy, Spring 1995, 21 (1): 21-9. PMID7608994
- Kaplan, H.S. PMID7608994 “Does the CAT procedure increase the amount of orgasm experienced by females?” Pierce AP, J Sex Marital Ther.Winter 1992,18 (4):285-91.PMID1291699
- Pierce AP, J Sex Marital Ther.Winter 1992,18 (4):285-91.PMID1291699
- Pierce AP, J Sex Marital Ther.Winter 1992,18 (4): It is titled “An overview of studies on the coital alignment method (CAT).” PMID10929574
- Paul Wolf on Eichel and CAT:Archived 2012-09-05 atarchive.today
- Paul Wolf on Eichel and CAT:Archived 2012-09-04 atarchive.today Archived on Archive.today on January 4, 2013
If You Ever Struggle to Orgasm You Need to Try The Coital Alignment Technique
Do you want to shake things up in your bedroom? Experimenting with different sex positions is a simple and effective approach to introduce something new. Moreover, while there is nothing wrong with the fundamentals (missionary position, we’ve got you covered), it is always great to learn about fresh opportunities to keep things interesting with your spouse. This is where WHcomes into play. We’ve been looking into the most enjoyable sex positions to keep things interesting in the bedroom. We’ve got you covered when it comes to expanding your sex position repertoire, with anything from ‘The Sphynx’ to ‘The Chairman’.
The missionary is a must-try for anyone who wants to truly amp up the enjoyment of the experience.
: The Coital Alignment Technique is typically used to refer to penetrative intercourse with the penis in the vaginal canal.
You’re in for a treat if you’ve prepared yourself with the appropriate accessories.
Get into position
Put yourself in the conventional missionary position and ask your partner to place themself a bit higher up than usual to help you. Then, rather than thrusting in and out, instruct the guy to raise his pelvis in a rocking motion, rather than in and out. The result will be that their penis will strike your clit, bringing you to a thrilling conclusion.
What’s the benefit
Once you get over the horribly technical-sounding name, you’ll find that this one is a genuine winner. If you’re a woman, you may find it difficult to get orgasm solely from penis-in-vagina contact. The truth is that vulva owners can only reach their maximum capacity through penetration alone, according to recent research. This is when the CAT position can be beneficial. The goal of this procedure is to provide external clitoral stimulation while the penis is still within the body.
The aim is that the person on the bottom will be rocked into a fit of rage. It’s sometimes referred to as ‘grinding the corn,’ although to be quite honest, we think that sounds even worse than the Coital Alignment Technique.
Do you want to take it a step further? Try putting a cushion below your back to assist in raising your pelvis higher up. Because of this, the upper side of the penis may more directly stimulate your clitoris.
Can’t figure it out? Picture this:
Reduce the clutter and receive practical, professional advice as well as home exercises, simple nutrition, and more, sent directly to your email. Subscribe to the WOMEN’S HEALTH NEWSLETTER now. This material was generated and maintained by a third party and imported onto this website in order to assist users in providing their email addresses for further consideration. You may be able to discover further information on this and other related items at the website piano.io.
How to Have an Orgasm When He’s On Top
*Dear Emily, **Please accept my heartfelt greetings. My relationship with my partner is fantastic; he is extremely sensitive to my needs, and I am able to experience orgasms virtually every time we are together. Problem is, I can only orgasm when I am on top of him, squeezing him and moving back and forth. But, at the same time, I don’t want to give up my frequent orgasms since I want to keep things exciting for us both. What other position might we attempt that would provide me with the same level of pleasure as the last one?
- Despite the fact that you and your partner are experiencing orgasm on a regular basis, the fact that you are doing it in the same manner every time might cause the sex to lose some of its luster.
- Another issue is the dread of being in a foreign environment: What if you decide to break out of your rut and try something new, but you end yourself missing out on the orgasms you’ve become accustomed to experiencing?
- Allow me to introduce you to your new favorite sex position: the sex triangle.
- (Coital Alignment Technique) is a posture that many women find to be extremely orgasmic in nature.
- Where do you begin your quest for excellence, and how do you get there?
- Position starts off in the traditional missionary position, which is a good thing.
- His body should lie flat on yours, and your legs should be at a 45-degree angle to his, tilting your hips slightly upward.
Once things get going, the recommended action is an up-and-down, steady rocking or grinding motion with a concentration on the point where your clitoris meets the base of his penis—think pelvis-to-pelvis rather than in-and-out—with a focus on where your clitoris hits the base of his penis Additionally, you might ask him to remain motionless while you swivel your hips in order to build friction until you reach your hot spot.
Advanced Sex Positions: CAT (Coital Alignment Technique)
It is possible that the Coital Alignment Technique (also known as the CAT posture) will be the solution for women who have difficulty attaining orgasm through intercourse alone. And what man wouldn’t want to be the one to transport her to her destination? In order to achieve the CAT position with precision, begin in missionary and after penetration, raise your pelvis a few inches higher than normal. The trick here is to maintain a flat body against hers, rather than shifting your weight in and out.
She should wrap her legs around you, either maintaining her hips stationary or moving them to create more friction between you and the ground.
It helps to hold on to the headboard while mixing pulls with hip thrusts, which assists you to hit her harder and penetrate her deeper.
Don’t be afraid to rock her world.
Subscribe to Outside+ now to get unique access to all of our content, including sequences, instructor tips, video lessons, and much more. You will come across Marjaryasana (Cat Stance) as well as its opposite pose. Bitilasana (cow pose) is taught in many yoga courses. It’s there for a reason: these positions are beneficial in warming up the spine. It is possible to use cat posture as a warm-up for forward folds and as an expansive counter position to backbends and inversions. According to yoga instructor Nicola Jane Hobbs, author of Yoga GymandThrive Through Yoga, while in this posture, you should concentrate on tucking your tailbone, rounding your spine, and relaxing your neck.
Cat Pose basics
Marjaryasana is a Sanskrit word that means “marjoryasana pose” (Mar-jar-YAH-sun-ah) Backbend is a type of pose. Targets:Core What We Like About It: In the words of YJ contributorJenny Clise, “This position is one of my top favorites since it prepares us for many of the postures we will meet later on in our practice.” The most basic version of this exercise bends our spine, extends our lower back, and strengthens our core. Cat Pose also has a useful skill that is frequently overlooked: shoulder protraction.
While in Table or Downward Facing Dog, we must protract our shoulders to allow room for our foot to pass through.
The muscles in our shoulders must be protracted to the extreme!
There is no way I can tell you how many times I’ve come back to Cat Pose.” When you become a member of Yoga Journal today, you will get access to thePose Library, which combines professional teaching from top instructors with video instruction, anatomical knowledge, pose variants, and more.
You will come back to it again and time again for further information.
Cat Pose is a great way to get your spine, shoulders, and hips heated. It helps to improve posture while also counteracting the negative effects of sitting and computer work.
Cat Pose: Step-by-step instructions
- Tabletop is performed with your hips directly above your knees at the start. It is best if your hands are shoulder-distance apart and slightly ahead of your shoulders as you stand. In order to be effective, the wrist creases should be parallel to the front of the mat. Using your hands, apply pressure on the ground. Take a deep breath and lift your rib cage toward the ceiling. Drop the crown of your head and the back of your neck. tuck your lower tummy in and lift your rib cage. With your hands, push the floor away from you in order to widen the space between your shoulder blades. Keep your hips higher than your knees and your arms straight to keep the mobility in your spine from being restricted. Returning to a neutral spine will allow you to release the position.
Allowing the back of your neck to relax will allow your head to naturally descend; do not force your chin down your chest. Maintain a comfortable posture with your shoulders away from your ears.
These cues will assist you in protecting your students from damage while also allowing them to have the greatest possible experience of the pose:
- Move from your spine and hips, rather than your arms, to begin movement. If this position causes pain in your knees, lay a blanket under them to provide cushioning.
Variation: Cat Pose with blocks
In order to alleviate wrist and hand discomfort, raise your forearms to the blocking position. If you don’t have any blocks, you can use your forearms to move the floor closer to you.
- Balasana (Child’s Pose)
- Sukhasana (Easy Pose)
- And more variations.
- Bitilasana (Cow Pose)
- Sphinx Pose
- Uttana Shisosana (Extended Puppy Pose)
- Uttana Shisosana (Extended Puppy Pose).
Yoga Journal Newsletter
Increase the effectiveness of your practice, deepen your understanding, and stay on top of the latest news.
The Best Sex Position For Clitoral Stimulation (You’re Probably Already Doing It)
Lula Hyers was in charge of the photography. Every now and again, a new, fancy phrase is introduced into the language to describe something that people have been doing for eons, and what was once out of fashion becomes fashionable again. For example, the word “seltzer” is uninteresting, yet the word “La Croix” is fantastic. Even though iced coffee is OK, “cold brew” is preferable. Being able to see your roots is tacky; but, ” balayage ” is stylish. Pink is also unappealing, although “millennial pink” has gone popular.
That is somewhat true in the case of “the coital alignment method,” sometimes known as CAT.
When a researcher called Edward Eichel observed that women who had problems obtaining orgasm may have success if they adjusted their positions slightly, he developed the word “orgasmology.” And, despite the fact that this sex position has an intimidating name, there’s a strong possibility that you’ve already experienced it.
Because the bodies are already so close together in the missionary position, it makes obvious that this would allow for increased clitoral stimulation to be experienced by both parties.
Using this easy adjustment, the recipient may receive clitoral stimulation without the need to use their hands or any other toys or devices.
Secrets to Getting a Better Bucking Position.
Allison recommends that the recipient lie down on their back with a small pillow or item under their hips to raise them slightly in order to do this.
Instead of thrusting in and out, the provider maintains their position and glides their hips in short, rhythmic circles around the recipient.
Allison recommends that the provider envision their spouse’s clitoris and think about “grinding their pubic mound” into their partner as they are giving the gift.
Laurie Mintz, PhD, author of Becoming Cliterate: Why Orgasm Equality Matters – And How To Get It, spoke with Refinery29 in October on the importance of orgasm equality.
Of course, this is not the case, and there are a plethora of methods for achieving orgasm without the need of clitoral stimulation.
When it comes to orgasming, you might be shocked at how successful clitoral stimulation (CAT) can be at getting you there with penetrative sex. After all, it’s only another name for something that has been around for a long time.